So I was sitting here gathering my thoughts for the appeal to the insurance compant regarding the denial of the EEG in Boston. I decided I wanted to call the local hospital to get a little more information on their video EEG process...hoping to find situations I found lacking to use as ammuntion in my appeal.
I got in touch with someone in the CNP lab (clinical neurophysiology). She answered a few questions and then referred me to Darryl, a nurse in the EMU (Epilepsy monitoring unit). After talking to Darryl and expressing my concerns and asking a TON of questions, I have decided to have the EEG done here in Albany. Yes the accomodations may not be quite as nice, BUT, I will only have to take one day off work and family can come visit and entertain him.
I hope I am not making a mistake...for two reasons. One, I don't want my insurance to deny our visits to the neuro in Boston since we are bending to their request to stay in-network this time and two, I hope this will be a pleasant experience. If it's not, then I have that much more ammuntion for the next time around!
It will probably be at least two months from now, unless they get a last minute cancellation.