Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Too Much, Too Little or Too Boring?

I know I haven't been posting. I am trying to decide if it's because I am so busy, or because there isn't enough going on to blog about or if it's all just so boring that I don't want to subject you to it.

Well subjected you are...

We had a pretty slow weekend for once. If you know me personally, I have a hard time sitting still. I need to constantly be doing something productive, even if it entails housework. On Saturday Jeff worked then we raked the backyard then we went shopping. The boys (aka the men) all played poker Saturday at our house until the wee hours of the morning (congrats on winning the pig Chris). So Sunday we got a late start to the day... and then did NOTHING all day until it was time for dinner with the in-laws. I mean I did a little laundry, but nothing. I kept thinking we should go out and look for a new area rug (which we started to do Friday), or work on some of the projects around the house that aren't done, but we didn't. I think I am happy about doing nothing....but it also means I have nothing to show for a whole day. I have issues with that.

On Saturday I got a letter from our insurance company stating that our medical plan was cancelled as of 10/1/06 due to non-payment. I had an inkling this was coming. It's happeneded before. So Monday morning I call the lab I work for and ask what's happening. I am told it will be reactivated by the end of the business day. Then we get an email from the owner stating that the new accounting system wasn't allowing them to cut checks so they had to 'de-bug' it before they could pay. BUT that it will be fixed and be retroactive. How convenient that the system couldn't cut checks, but it still found a way to subtract our medical premiums from our paychecks! Well, it's fixed, but I now have to wonder if the referral to Boston got denied because of this. Maybe they knew they had yet to receive payment and were reluctant to agree to $10K of medical bills?

Yesterday I had a day off...it was a long time in coming. Not that I feel it's important to have Election Day off, but the owner is an immigrant who strongly feels that each and every American needs to do their "Civic Duty". Does he not realize it takes 10 minutes to vote...and that's IF you have to stand in line???

But it was still a day off...one whole day of no kids...no work...well, there was work. I just said I can't sit still. I was still up at 4:45 to get the kids up and out of the house. And then I had an early morning trip to Target to buy Cars. That was followed by about 3 hours of raking leaves in my front yard. Of course my trees are still half full so I am in no way done with raking. The one perk was lunch with my baby sister...so that I could grill her on her college search. She's intent on staying near or at the same college as a sibling (there are six of us...and as of next year, four will eb in college)...but I am trying to get her to drop that idea. All three schools are within 1.5 to 3 hours away....she can really come home anytime to see siblings. She is just very unsure, but I don't want to to make a concession on her college choice to fit with a sibling.

Then it was off to the Peds office for three flu shots. Not a good way to end the day...for us or the nurses!

Two pics for you... Ben insisting on eating his bagel WHOLE and getting cream cheese everywhere and Karat praying he drops some of it down to him.

No comments: