Friday, October 27, 2006

Here I Sit

Here is unfortunately my office desk at work, instead of Boston Children's. Yup, you guessed it, insurance denied the request for Austin's EEG. Well they didn't deny the request per se, the just decided not to cover it as an in-network procedure, meaning if I want to pay big bucks, I can have it done in Boston. They would prefer I had it done here in Albany. Granted, Albany is working on their neuro and EEG depts, but they aren't up to snuff yet. And they did misdiagnose Austin for the first 5 months of his treatment!

Right now my plan is to file and appeal, the problem is the scheduler at Boston said they are packed with appointments over the next few months. It could be January until they have an opening again. All the fight has gone out of me for today. Trying hard not to think about it.

On a more positive note, the police have caught the burglars. We do still plan to put an alarm in, but I can rest a little easier now.

No comments: