Monday, October 30, 2006

I'll Take 'Sick, Sick and more Sick' for $1000 Alex

Can I title my post Sick, Sick and more Sick again? Because I am sick of my kids being sick, I am sick of the weather and I am sick of my insurance company.

So on Saturday morning I realized my kids still weren't getting better, despite the antibiotic treatments. Ben had been on them for a full week and Connor had been on them for four days. Austin has been sick, but hadn't been into the Peds office yet. So I got an appt for all three kids. The dr listened and checked over B & C and then said he feels Amoxycillin itself is not enough to combat sinus issues. So, he put them both on Augmentin. Then he listened to Austin and checked him out. He said Austin sounded the best, but he has pink eye! Yeah, that's exactly what we needed on top of everything else. So we waited with the three kids in one small exam room for the scripts. I never realized how much damage kids can do in one small room in a short period of time. Thankfully Jeff came with me. I was considering taking them all myself. As it was by the time the dr came back with the scripts, his room was a mess and Connor had a beauty of a hematoma on his forehead from Ben's front teeth. I think the office was happy to see us leave. I am pretty sure the phone operators know me by voice when I call! I am surprised they don't have caller ID and just answer the phone..."Hi Jen, who is sick/hurt/needs a referral today?" But, by Sunday night they all seemed to be doing better. At least they were acting like they were better. So I guess it was worth it.

Secondly, I am sick of the weather. I spent the time I was supposed to be in Boston raking and cleaning up my yard. I'm not entirely sure why I did it, though. See, we have 2 willow trees and willows don't drop their leaves until late...meaning usually after the first snowfall in this part of the US. So I knew full well that I would have more yard work to do, but I wasn't expecting to have to do it so soon. Mother Nature decided to unleash winds on us yesterday...and I use the term wind lightly. There was nothing remotely windy about it, it was gusts in excess of 40 mph all day long, some even greater. My backyard looks like a tornado hit. I pity anyone who actually lives in tornado alley. I was going to post a picture...maybe I still will, but it just doesn't do it justice. I look at the ground and I wonder how anything is still in the tree. We have branches everywhere and if you aren't familiar with willows then you have to realize these aren't the type of branches that you can bundle, nor can you break them down and put them in bags easily, because they bend, they don't break and as soon as you release your grip on them, they spring back to their original shape. I suppose I shouldn't complain...it could be worse. The willow that straddles ours and the neighbors yard lost an entire segment of the tree. And these trees are 50+ feet tall. It's amazing that it fell on a path missing their house and their shed. You can guess what I'll be doing after work today. At least it is a pleasant mid-fifties and sunny...good raking weather.
Yeah, this just doesn't do it justice.

And last but not least I am sick of the insurance company. I got the denial letter over the weekend, now I have to sit down and write my appeal. I have a call into the neuro at Children's. I hope he came help me out somehow.

Well back to work...if you have a minute and are so inclined...please send good thoughts and wishes to our friend Sarah....a beautiful 3.5 year old who is having a hemispherectomy on Wednesday.

No comments: