Monday, October 16, 2006

Who Yanked the Rug???

Who just yanked the rug out from under me? Because someone did and I really don’t like it. I shouldn’t be surprised...really, we knew Austin was due for a video 24 hour EEG. I had called the neuro at Children’s a few weeks back to remind him about it. We are at the 6 month point again, but I hadn’t heard anything and I know Children’s neuro department is really busy. So Jeff and I had agreed that we were comfortable forgoing this EEG. One because he’s doing really well and two because you never like to think that something sub-clinical could be happening. But, the call came just before lunch today from the schedule person. She said ‘I have an opening next week, do you want Tuesday or Thursday?’ So, Austin and I are headed out next Thursday. It’s never a fun time. I mean would you like having leads glued to your head and stuck in a room for 24 hours? Not really, but we do what we have to do.

On another note...I just had a really weird (interesting?) experience. I walked out to my truck after lunch and a Monarch butterfly landed on my shoulder. I say weird because it’s getting chilly up here in the NE US. We are consistently getting into the 30s at night and I would think he would have headed south by now. But it’s also weird because Monarchs don’t tend to be a ...wait for it...social butterfly! He he he. Enough cheesy humor...anyway, I am taking this as a sign that all is really well and I don’t need to worry. Perferably I am taking this as a sign that Sarah is okay even though Jodi hasn’t updated her site since Friday (see link at left). But either way, it has to be a good sign...right?

No comments: