Monday, October 23, 2006

Sick, Sick and more Sick

I hate cold season. We are generally a healthy house, but this cold season is starting out rough.

It started over two weeks ago with Connor, then Jeff got sick, then Austin got a little sick. We thought we were doing good, then Ben got sick and has a bad ear infection. Then Connor got sick again! Austin woke up all stuffy again yesterday and Jeff and I started feeling sick last night. This REALLY needs to go away! Especially with Austin and I headed to Boston on Thursday.

So I guess there have been a rash of robberies in our vicinity lately...and I don't mean 1 or 2 it's more like 20! Not that we knew this based on an article in the paper or a police report, it's just trickled through the neighborhood by word of mouth. This concerns me. How can we be good neighbors and watch for anything out of the ordinary, if the police aren't even telling us there is a problem?!?

I went to a conference for the Epilepsy Foundation on Saturday. Not only did we have the Chairman of the National Foundation there, but the new Chief of Neurology for Albany Med was there...and he's an EPILEPTOLOGIST!!! Finally, I think there is a leader in place there that has plans to FIX the critical ped neurology concerns in the area. I don't expect changes overnight, but he has a vision and it appears to be good! Also, it was announced that the National Epilepsy Foundation is coordinating a March on the Capitol to be held March 31, 2007 in the National Mall in DC. Finally a chance for those suffering from Epilepsy to be seen and heard...but is the government listening?? Let's hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen We have necer met but I just wanted to wish you luck on your visit to Boston on Thursday hope all is well I keep up on yours and Sarah's pages each day...Hope everyone is feeling better we have colds passing around our house too and it stinks....Take Care