Tuesday, December 12, 2006

4 year old Suspended

This is going to far. What is our society coming to when a 4 year old boy is suspended from school for hugging a teacher's aide? The original letter to the parents from the school district stated he was involved in ' "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment" after he hugged the woman and he "rubbed his face in the chest of (the) female employee" on Nov. 10 ' After the boys father complained the school district removed references to sexual contact and sexual harrassment.

What 4 year old even know what sexual harrassment is? And how is a hug from a 4 year old ever inappropriate? If the teacher has concerns with a child touching her, perhaps she SHOULDN'T BE A TEACHER! I understand that at a young age you need to talk to your child about inappropriate behavior, such as, hitting and physically harming others, but hugging?!?

As I mentioned this to a co-worker he related a story about a male friend who drives a bus. One day he helped a little kindergartener up the steps and the mother threw a fit. Again, he was being gentlemanly and he gets chastised.

I understand this country is a melting pot and we need to respect others, but there comes a point when PC goes a little too far. I could go on and on...case in point, the removal of Christmas trees from Sea-Tac airport.

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I should stop reading the newspaper and internet news. I find myself yelling at inanimate objects. It can't be healthy!

No comments: