Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

First, I'd like to take a moment to wish all my visitors a very Merry Christmas. I hope you and yours have a safe, joyous day.



Second, I wanted to share the best Christmas present I think I have ever received. A good friend of mine from college served in Iraq over a year ago. While he was overseas, I had the chance to email live with him on a few occasions. During one of our talks he mentioned that his squadron was flying flags during missions. He asked if our family would like a flag flown for us. I, of course, jumped at the chance for a piece of history that would show my strong support for our troops. Now whether you support the war or not, I feel it is vital to always support our troops who are doing their job to protect and ensure a safe future for our children and grandkids.

Tom has been home from Iraq for a little over a year and left the Corp about a year ago. I admit I had kind of forgotten about the flag. Well, today I arrived home to find Priority package in my mailbox. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found our flag and a certificate stating it was flown for our family by VMFA(AW)-224 Fighting Bengals on June 30, 2005.

I am so excited to own a piece of history and to know it was tied to my friend Tom. Tom, if you are reading this, thank you so much...not only for the flag but for serving our country! Love ya!!


Yes I know I have some work to do on folding, but I will get the fold right and get it in a shadow box to protect it. Then I just need to find a proper place to display it.

We have a busy few days ahead, but I will be sure to post an update of our holidays when I can.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: